Saturday 2 March 2013

The Lessons From Blogruary

It's the second of March and blogruary is over. So what have I learnt from the month long project?

Whilst I want to be a journalist and a writer, I have a keen interest in other areas of the media such as video making so I thought I'd structure my ideas into project form.

I've noticed the rise of internet media producers gaining success and I want to be a part of that. It would be great if I could generate my own content to and receive money for it.

I have turned a blog that I had produce for my MA degree into my personal website and I plan to store all my projects there.

The idea of blogruary came from discovering that numerous YouTubers who I watch dedicated some months to daily vlogging. I believed that I could do daily blogs.

I don't think I have particularly improved as a writer and, in all honesty, it was difficult to create interesting narratives and stories on days which weren't exciting and were routine.

This blog has always been written in quick time but due to the immense workload  from my degree, I had to knock up posts within a few minutes. So I can safely say that I have improved my writing at speed.

Whilst I sometimes missed my daily deadlines, sometimes due to physical time constraints and sometimes due to tiredness, I can say that I did fairly well to usually write up a post on time.

It certainly hasn't been a world-changing project but I am proud of it as a first time.

Would I do it again? Certainly not.

No comments:

Post a Comment