Tuesday 19 February 2013

Blogruary Day 19: The Fire Alarm

Today seemed like a good day to get some work done but as always happens, things got in the way.

I decided to use a two-hour lunch break to full effect by calling a few television production companies in order to finish off a story.

After finding the appropriate numbers, I made the calls. One person didn't answer their phone, one answering machine message indicated to me that he was at lunch whilst one lady working for a television studio didn't know who the appropriate person for me to speak to about a studio which had been closed for five years. Success.

My next class finished at 4pm so I decided to head to the magazine room, the subject of yesterday's blog. I headed to the door when a loud, piercing noise erupted.

Ne-Naw-Ne-Naw.

It sounds like a fire engine, but it was instead the fire alarm. I don't know if it makes that sound, I can't really remember.

That put paid to my good intentions. I could wait outside in the cold to go back inside and do some work but I took the easy option and cycled home to do some work instead.

An hour and a half later and I'm still procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment