Tuesday 27 March 2012

The Masters Degree

If you are an avid reader of this blog, which I love you for, then you will know that I am hunting for a graduate job for when I finish my Undergraduate degree at university.

Well, I'm pleased to announce that things have taken a massive change in direction.

I recently applied for a Masters at Kingston University studying Journalism. Whilst it is my dream to become a writer/journalist, I have been lured in by the massive salaries that the graduate schemes offer.

On Saturday, I attended an interview for the Masters. The first part was a current affairs quiz which I scored 14 out of 15 on. A solid effort, I think you can agree. Then I had to write a news story out of a series of quotes and information and finally I had to complete a sub-editing test.

As it turns out, I have been offered a place on the course which starts in September. I am most likely going to accept the offer and hopefully fulfil my dreams of becoming a writer.

I'm pretty certain that I'm probably going to be offered a graduate job now, that'll no doubt throw a spanner in the works.


No comments:

Post a Comment