Wednesday 28 December 2011

The ShortList Magazine Work Experience

Where have you been? What have you been doing? Why haven't you been updating the blog?

One question at a time, please guys. I've been busy, very busy. Well, I say very busy, I mean I haven't been busy every single waking minute of the past month but you get the idea.

University finished for the term and I headed back home. After doing some christmas shopping, going to see Kele live and going to my cousin's christening, I spent the week on work experience at ShortList magazine. If you haven't heard of ShortList then that is likely for two reasons, either you aren't a man or you don't live near London.

So, I had to get up every day at around 7 o'clock, a time I hadn't seen for many, many years then head to the train station and make my way to Holborn. Despite staying clear of any illness at university, I picked up man flu on the first day thanks to the many ill and weak people on the tube.

I worked out today that the amount of time I worked would have equated to around £240 on minimum wage. As I sit here writing this, I have to say I really want £240.

However, on the positive side, it was a really insightful week that made me realise that a career in the media would make me happy. Also, I will soon be a published writer, whilst I got to spend one afternoon just looking at pictures of half-naked women. It was a win-win.

There we are, thank you ShortList for the work experience and thank you Holborn McDonalds for keeping me fed all week.

Follow me on Twitter @Alex_Harris1991

I've also started my own YouTube channelwhy not subscribe?


2 comments:

  1. I'll be there for a week this month! Any tips, pointers? I've no idea what to expect... Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jack! I went on a week where there wasn't much to do but i still got to write a bit and did a lot of surfing the net. Youll probably do some admin stuff but im sure youll be given bits and bobs to write! Best i can offer is to probably say get involved as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete